Saturday, November 8, 2008

Nimrod The Rebellious King - pt 1

It's been a long time since I've post anything at all. I was caught up with a lot of interesting researches that revolves around ancient cultures and at the same time I was following an interesting read on Nibiru by Aiso in his blog Midnight. Originally, I was planning to write about the battle between Alexander versus Cyrus after posting Who Built The Caspians Gates? (posted in a different blog). I was going to reveal that Alexander was not so great after all (blaahh I'm writing from my own perspective after reading materials about him and his battle with Cyrus... so if you are a fan of Alexander, you'll be glad that I didn't write it at all). However I came upon Nimrod. No I'm not talking about the song by Green Day, I'm talking about the king that built a great empire after the great flood, and just so you know he is the first to have a crown on his head which he claimed sent to him from Heaven *chuckle... If that's the case I might as well ask heaven to deliver me some pizza right now coz I'm hungry* and according to many articles he called himself God. I also plans to write about Gugoryeo, a heavenly kingdom in Korea or so they claimed, which is now part of China... and many more tales including the great astrologer of the Mah family who invented the 1000 years Calendar and the globe thingy, he might originated from Middle East.. I'm a mess ooooooo~! I want to tell you everything that I've learned..So you see, I can't make up my mind on which to write next. So I toss a coin and viola!!! Nimrod it is!!... hehehe..

First of all, who is Nimrod? Nimrod aka Nimrud aka Namrud was mentioned in the Bible, in the Quran, and other records including ancient tablets. However, Nimrod is not a name, Nimrod came from a hebrew word that means the rebel or we will rebel. However if you type in Wiki he was said to be the Mesopotamian King known as the 'Mighty Hunter'. He is the son of Cush who is the son of Ham who is the son of Noah. However in Sumerian geneology he was known as Enmeker, the son of Meskiagkasher, who is the son of Ham, who is the son of Utnapishtim... phew such a difficult name to pronounce and remember >.<"""

Why is he known as the rebel, this great king? There are so many reasons behind it, and the one famous reason that many different religious teachings shared in common is that he refused to follow the way or teachings of God. He taught his men not to fear God but to worship him as he is as great as God. Some scholars believed that he was responsible for the construction of the Babel Tower, which in some text said to revenged God, that if another great flood happens again God will not be able to drown him and his people. Well, maybe he was sulking because he lost everything dear, or maybe he actually fear there will be another great flood coming which makes sense since the Sumerian already depicted another catastrophe that might cause another big flood. He might have thought he still lives by that fateful day since *ahem* he is going to live forever and since he is after all as he claimed himself to be *ahem ahem* GOD. If you wanna know about the catastrophe that I mentioned, you can read it in Aiso blog, it's really fun and easy to follow.

Some scholars link Nimrod with one of the evil Pharaoh, another famous bad ass link to him is Gilgamesh. Which is true? If you look at the Sumerian list of king, Gilgamesh and Enmeker were two different person. I'll write about this in the next post and lets us ponder and discuss it together. Though it is not entirely facts proven, there is no denying - until scientist/scholars/researchers proven otherwise - that it could be TRUE! It might be added a little spice to make the story not bland, imagination is the only thing they had besides other numerous desires I'm sure you all know *ehem*, so exaggeration was a necessity since there was no tv to entertain back then. Hahaha.... I'm just being sarcastic and making wild guesses here so don't take me word for word. Oh well, look at the time it's already past 5 and I have guests coming over for NO-DINNER. Maybe if I asked heaven, my guess WILL bring pizza to my place lol... just kidding. Next post, hopefully it will be anytime soon..

5 comments:

Aiso said...

fuyoo cherry... i underestimated u la. now i see part of u thru ur writings, especially the capacity of that 'computer' u have in ur skull. u must have read a lot to be able to write all those things. heheh... if u were here i'd hav taken u out for pizza ody. u take care aar... o.. thanks for mentioning my 'bolog'. sooner or later i fear it'll be CLOGGED if not blocked la.

Anonymous said...

emm... is dat a good thing or sori thing? hehehe... no la, this computer only like mythical historical stuff, u talk mathematical or science stuff my brain hang hahaha... lately i'm interested in this past tense thingy... plus i wrote it in ma blog so i wont forget what i learn so far, next time u ask i probably wont remember anything kwang3x...

AragangTandik said...

I think I would rather watch a film he he e my brain had gone to sleep.

AragangTandik said...

ooops siou ke I don't mean ur writing isnt interesting - its just that i no longer have the capacity to absorb info, i think - my brain is saturated or .... like aiso said ...sensitif (old) he he he so i'm opting for the easy way out - watch a film re this story.

kopitumbuk said...

ehehehe it's okay actually not everybody like reading stuff gini bah hehehe.. movie ah? mmm not sure if anyone done any movie on Nimrod, I'll try to find for u.. hehehe