Sunday, September 7, 2008

A word from Kopitumbuk

I have to admit that although this is not the first time I've created a blog, I’m still wordless when it comes to introduction. I don't feel obliged to introduce myself, as I’m not building this blog to talk about me but to share my interest on general things. I would like to point out that I'm not starting out a flame war on the net, but put it simply I would like to make a healthy argument on certain issues be it on past events or recent. I welcome any argumentative comments on any of my article. As I am not a profesional writer I might make a few mistakes here and there and any correction or personal view are welcome.

In my previous blog I've written an article about Derbent and Caspian Walls and made an argument on who actually build it either it's the so famously claimed Alexander the Great or Cyrus II the Great. However my friend commented that I should write it in English so it would be more accessible to non-Malay readers as my original article was written in Sabahan Malay which is not quite similar to the Malay language in Peninsular or Indonesia. Of course I was reluctant at first since I'm not flair with English language and prone to Sabahan Malay. After giving it some thinking I decided I might as well try, by doing so I hope I will not only improve my English but also share my knowledge (limited as it may) and thoughts.

So if you come across in my blog, I do hope that you enjoy it as much as I am writing it, and I hope my limited vocabulary does not makes it less interesting or incomprehensible.

yours truly,
Kopitumbuk

2 comments:

Kee Rock said...

KopiTumbuk, as far as readers are concerned.. your command of English is alright. Better than some of those who appeared on TV more frequently than we would want to see, let alone hear. Tu dorang bikin bingit kuping telinga ada. You are alright Babe, very fine and no need to worry. Keep it up and let it grow

Kee Heritage said...

thx, i appreciate the encouragement ^^